CASI provides advanced, comprehensive, science-based, home-study programs to help animal field professionals expand their skills in dog training, behavior consulting, and shelter and rescue work, as well as canine nutrition and fitness. These are not cursory courses; they represent the natural science of behavior at an advanced level. Points of interest:
- Academically advanced, comprehensive science-based curriculum designed for professionals. No fads.
- Shaping based instruction rather than just sink-or-swim approach to ensure the best conditioning possible.
- Non-coercive, positive-reinforcement based methods.
- Study at home, at your own pace, & start whenever you want.
- Academic, hands-on skills development and professional career development assignments to help you on all fronts.
- Earn credits toward certification or Continuing Education Units for recertification.
- Earn respected educational credential representing a high level of competence.
- Extensive ongoing academic and professional development support with extensive, detailed course materials supported by online e-mail list with fellow students, industry leading faculty and graduates, for discussion.
- FREE membership with with the Association of Animal behavior Professionals http://www.associationofanimalbehaviorprofessionals.com
What the Graduate Gets
- Solid education for professional skills upgrading from a respected educational institution that will help you expand your professional repertoire.
- Credit toward certification and recertification through the industry’s premier professional associations and certifying bodies.
- Certificate or Diploma credentials and appropriate letters representing graduation (e.g., Dip.ABST).
- Right to advertise and market Companion Animal Sciences Institute graduation and use the Companion Animal Sciences Institute Graduate logo
How to Get Started
Here is how it works taking a course or program of study through CASI:
- Step #1. Explore the certificate and diploma programs and decide what would be best for your goals. This page may help. Ask us any questions you like to help ensure you make the right choice for your goals.
- Step #2. Click the ENROLL link to complete the enrollment application. You will be notified whether your application is accepted or declined and if it is accepted you will receive the enrollment agreement to complete.
- Step #3. Make tuition Payment when the invoice arrives via email.
Our students, former students, graduates and faculty are active in their field. Lynn Hoover became co-founder (along with James O'Heare) and president of the International Association for Animal Behavior Consultants, Kellyann Conway has been the president of the Association for Pet Dog Trainers, Mychelle Blake was editor of the Chronicle of the Dog, published by the APDT and Animal Behavior Consulting: Theory and Practice, published by the IAABC and is the Executive Director of the APDT. Parvene Farhoody has been president of the Certification Council for Pet Dog Trainers and Lisa Clifton-Bumpass was the secretary and chair of the Certification Council for Pet Dog Trainers Exam Development Committee. Niki Tudge runs the Pet Professional Guild and Angelica Steinker and Marilyn Wolf also work with the PPG. The list goes on. Check out our testimonials page. A CASI Graduate putting her education to work. We are very proud of the fact that our students are very pleased with their experience with CASI.
For further information please explore the web site through the links to the left and visit our FAQ page. And of course do not hesitate to email us with any questions you might have. We are pleased to provide answers.