Please follow these steps to enroll
- Step #1. Copy and paste the application for enrollment text found below into the body of an email, which you can find a link to below (not as an attachment), fill in the details and send that to us. You will be notified of your acceptance shortly.
- Step #2. Make tuition payment through the “Add to Cart” buttons below. You do not require a Paypal account.
- Step #3. Once the Enrollment Agreements and tuition have been received, CASI will send you an invitation to join the school e-mail list, your coursework, and student handbook via email.
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent (exceptions can be made if student attests to their capability in reading and writing)
- Agree to adhere to professional practice guidelines
- For professional development diploma programs, that you have professional experience in an animal related field and are enrolling to expand your professional skills and knowledge, and for personal interest certificate programs, that you are enrolling for personal interest. (Details below in enrollment form)
COMPANION ANIMAL SCIENCES INSTITUTE
APPLICATION FOR ENROLLMENT
Full Mailing Address:
Which program are you enrolling for (and if you are working through course-by-course, identify your first course here too)?:
Where did you hear about The Companion Animal Sciences Institute?:
Would you allow the Companion Animal Sciences Institute to use your name and email address as a reference once you are a Student for those who ask for references?:
By submitting this application form you testify that you have read, understood and agree with the "The Companion Animal Sciences Institute Methodological Stance” found on the home page and "Professional Practice Guidelines."
By applying, you also testify that (a) you are at least 18 years of age, (b) you have earned a high school diploma or equivalent or that you can nevertheless communicate in writing at that level and (c) that if you are enrolling in a behavior department diploma program that you work or have worked or volunteered in an animal related field or have completed a vocational program of study on the topic or have professional membership or certification in a professional association / certifying body (Your professional experience does not need to be extensive—it can be basic entry level; email us if you have any questions about whether you qualify) for which you are seeking to upgrade your skills and knowledge with professional development education, or, that if you are enrolling for a certificate program, including any program in the nutrition and fitness program, that you are enrolling to expand your knowledge for personal interest. By submitting this enrollment request, you are agreeing to the above.
Scroll down to find the programs and/or courses that you wish to make tuition payments for. Scroll down further to enroll in individual courses. Tuition is listed in Canadian Dollars and the currency will be automatically converted during the checkout process before you approve it. For an estimate, you can use this Currency Converter.
Diploma of Animal Behavior Science and Technology
Diploma of Canine, Feline, Parrot or Equine Behavior Science and Technology
Certificate of Canine Nutrition, Advanced Canine Nutrition or Canine Fitness
Diploma of Professional Dog Training
Certificate of Shelter and Rescue Work
We are currently reviewing, revising, and updating this program and it will be available enrollment as soon as this process has been completed.
$130 CDN / Approx. $99 USD
Please use the buttons below only if you are enrolling and plan to take courses one at a time rather than all together at once as per the buttons above. If you are taking individual courses, please ensure that you have already completed the pre-requisites for the course, which you identified on the course page. In this option, students enroll in the program but take one course at a time, each with its own tuition and deadline. The tuition for each course is $130 CDN / Approx. $99 USD and the time allowed will be 2 weeks per course. Pre-requisites must be observed. If you select a course for which you have not finished a prerequisite, we will enroll you in one of the pre-requisite courses that have not been covered instead so check pre-requisites. Please also note: this option ends up being much more expensive than taking the program as a whole and is more time restrictive as well. Tuition may change at any time as well but with the program as a whole, everything us al locked in upon enrollment so there would be no further fees.
Individual Course Buttons
Please ensure that you enter the course number below.
The button below is for 200- and 300-range elective courses only
$60 CDN / Approx. $49 USD
The $50 extension unit below is per month for program-as-a-whole enrolled students and per week for one-course-at-a-time enrolled students.
Re-enrollment for Certificate Programs (must be approved first)
70% off tuition ($300 CDN)