Debra Millikan, Dip.ABST, Dip.DTBC, PABC
- Certificate IV in Dog Behavioural Training
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment
- Diploma in Dog Training and Behavior Consulting
- Diploma of Animal Behavior Science and Technology specializing in dog training and behavior
- CAP 1 & CAP 2
Association of Animal Behaviour Professionals Certifications:
- AABP Certified Dog Trainer – AABP – CDT
- AABP Certified Animal Behavior Consultant – AABP – CABC
- AABP Certified Dog Behavior Consultant – AABP - CDBC
Full Member, Pet Professional Guild
- Head Instructor, Canine Behavioural School Inc (www.positivelydogs.com)
- Consultant and Trainer, Adelaide Pet Dog Training (www.petdogtraining.com.au)
- Internship Provider, Diploma of Professional Dog Training, Companion Animal Sciences Institute
- Advisory Board Member, Association of Animal Behavior Professionals
- Advisory Board Member, Companion Animal Sciences Institute
- Canine Life and Social Skills Evaluator (APDT US)
Having spent 25 years in the traditional dog world of showing, competing with her dogs in obedience, endurance and agility as well as judging obedience, Debra’s discovery of positive dog training was a life altering experience. She read avidly about the subject whilst living in Europe and on her return home to Australia, undertook the Delta Society Australia Canine Good Citizen Instructors’ Course (Cert IV in Dog Behavioural Training). This was soon followed by further study with the Companion Animal Sciences Institute attaining a double diploma (Dog Training & Behavior Consulting and Animal Behavior Science & Technology) in 2009.
Debra has always enjoyed the “train the trainer” aspect of her dog world. She is active in teaching at workshops and seminars and particularly enjoys teaching cross over trainers about positive training and how to incorporate “pet dog” training into a more traditional “obedience” curriculum. Debra also runs workshops that help trainers to improve their handling and clicker skills as well as how to incorporate fun, games and tricks into their classes. She was a speaker at the inaugural New Zealand APDT education meeting and has spoken at the Australian APDT education meeting. Debra mentors students involved in dog training studies and runs an in house training program for the volunteers of the Canine Behavioural School in Adelaide, South Australia.
Debra’s articles have been published in various dog control body journals around Australia and New Zealand and she has been published in the Journal of Applied Companion Animal Behavior. She currently serves on the Advisory Board of the AABP as well as the CASI Board.
Debra shares her life with her very tolerant husband, Arnold and Bruno the old Brussels Griffon and Mace, the young Bouvier des Flandres who keep her constantly amused and beguiled.